Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
No Grains, No Added Sugar
Usually, standard recipes for banana bread are with an insane amount of sugar and flour which is not recommended for your blood sugar. This recipe is about making a paleo banana bread without adding sugar or grains. It is still delicious as traditional banana bread.
It is very simple to prepare. It is naturally sweetened with ripe bananas so it is delicious and healthy.
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, or melted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut flour, you must use coconut flour because another will not work
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips ( they`re dairy and soy free)
- Slivered almonds
- Raisins etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients together in a medium bowl and mix until combined (Cuisinart Sticker blender works great)
- Pour into a lightly greased bread pan (use coconut oil or butter for greasing).
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until center is set and top is golden.
Bananas should be extremely brown, almost to the point when you would throw them away or freeze them. If they`re not overly ripe, the bread will not be as sweet and probably not taste as good. If you decide for non-ripe bananas, use about 1/3 of maple syrup to the batter.